Date:      Tue, 21 Dec 1999 11:50:20 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Preliminary Intel PRO/1000 Gigabit driver for FreeBSD-current

I did coordinate with you- you didn't offer to share any technical
information with me and seemed to indicate that the driver would have
trouble being released with source. You also said "I haven't written a
NetWork driver either". See correspondence below.

Hey- if your driver is cleaner and better and the way to go, maybe it
should go in. I was paid by a company (that's why the copyright is
Traakan, not me) to do an Intel GigE driver for their proprietary OS, and
I said a FreeBSD/NetBSD version would be part of the deal. I've had some
fun doing this and some grief, and I happen to like the spareness of what
I've done, but I'm not *totally* wedded to it.

It is in fact *because* I remember you mentioning that you were doing a
driver that I didn't just check this into CVS (about 50%- the other 50%
would be to get some review).

-matt