Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 15:08:44 +0100
From:      Joakim Hernberg <jbh@ddl.lu>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ppp disconnect problems ?

Hello,

I have a "funny" problem lately.  I noticed that sometimes I could not
connect to the internet, and that i4b had been connnecting once a minute
for a few hours, after consulting with my provider they came up with the
following answer.  Their terminal servers consider me as logged in, and
refuse the second connection, the reason being that the terminal servers
never see that I have already disconnected.

They claim that I am the only customer with such a problem.

Is there some kind of protocol on either ppp or isdn level, which tells
the remote that you are disconnecting, or is this a problem with their
servers ?

--

   Joakim Hernberg
   Digital Design Luxembourg sarl