Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 20:03:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Packets Per Second

Hello all,

Does anyone know how many packets per second a box
running freebsd 4.2-stable with 2 fast ethernet cards
could push? It would be acting as a router/firewall.
I know this depends on CPU, lets say its a PIII 850
with 128mb ram.

If there is an equation to help figure it out I would
love to know. TIA to anyone who replies.

Holt