Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:12:27 +0900 (JST)
From:      sanpei@sanpei.org (MIHIRA Yoshiro)
To:        eculp@MexComUSA.net
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, sanpei@sanpei.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with PCMCIA Cards

eculp@MexComUSA.net wrote:

>> I am running current as of yesterday.  I have neglegently not been
>> rebooting after make world and making a new kernel.  Yesterday I did
>> reboot and found that something has changed and my D-Link 660 and my
>> Viking Modem PCMCIA cards are no longer working.
>>
>> :Jan 17 23:33:58 local-27 pccardd[46]: driver allocation failed for
>> D-Link(DE-660): Inappropriate ioctl for device
                                 ~~~~~
  I also had same problem. I think you need to update /usr/sbin/pccardd.
This problem is related to below commit.

----
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:44:48 -0800 (PST)
To: cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org

hosokawa    2000/01/15 22:44:48 PST

  Modified files:
    sys/pccard           cardinfo.h pccard.c
    usr.sbin/pccard/pccardd cardd.c
  Log:
  This fixes a bug that /etc/pccard_ether did not work without DHCP.
  For example, when /etc/pccard.conf had ed0 in config line, but kernel
  refused this name and said
-----

related file:
	/usr/sbin/pccardd
	/usr/include/pccard/cardinfo.h
	your kernel

# Do we have to add this changes to UPDATING file?

MIHIRA Yoshiro
Yokohama, Japan