Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 02:07:23 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bktr - major number is _wrong_.

On Thu, Feb 05, 1998 at 04:54:39PM -0800, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> That major device was assigned to us for the bktr driver -- at least
> thats the way I remember.

Sorry - nothing I can do about it.  It hasn't gone into majors.i386 at that
time, at least.

I'm no more happy than you to have to change it, but I don't think changing
ipl is an option - it could screw people BIGTIME, as opposed to merely not
being able to watch TV until they've figured out what's happened.

> We can of course if there is no big objection from the group to change
> our major device -- just one minor thing I want a real major device
> and don't care to go over this exercise again.

Just grab the next one from majors.i386 yourself.  You've got commit privs
now :-)

Eivind.