Date:      Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:43:35 +0100
From:      Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr (Pierre Beyssac)
To:        mark@vmunix.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        sos@FreeBSD.dk, grog@lemis.com (Greg Lehey), hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Should I buy a Cyrix processor?

According to Mark Mayo:
> I'd agree with Soren though - the Pentium Pro 180's are a real bargain
> right now. I know they're about $325 CAN (~$230 US). Plus, you can
> safely overclock them to 200, or even 233 or 240 if you're lucky - Intel
> is having high yields these days,

According to Tom's hardware guide, it looks like Intel wants to put
an end to overclocking (and re-marked processors): their now disable
the frequency multiplier pins, preventing you from overclocking the
processor (their yields are so good most of their parts come out
with the highest speeds, while there's still a market for lower
speed parts...).
--
Pierre.Beyssac@hsc.fr