Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 1999 07:51:24 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        Gerry Marcelo <germar@pair.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Redhat and FreeBSD dual boot

Gerry Marcelo wrote:

> Greetings all.
> There's been some discussion regarding Linux and FreeBSD sharing
> swapfiles.... can someone point me to a document that details how to
> "dual boot" (an OS/2 term, I think) between the two systems?
>
> I found lots on how to do Win3.1, Win9x, and WinNT, but nothing really about
> setting up say... a FreeBSD 2.28 and a Redhat 5.2 box.

http://www.image.dk/~nkbj/Linux+FreeBSD/index.html

I've not read it or built a FreeBSD/FreeBSD system, I just saw this
URL in another message.

> They don't have to share anything or be aware of each other...just live on
> the same computer.
>
> Thanks and regards!
>
> Gerry Marcelo
> Austin, TX USA

  Trust the computer industry to shorten Year 2000 to Y2K. It
  was this thinking that caused the problem in the first place.

Mark Ovens, CNC Applications Engineer, Radan Computational Ltd.
Bath, Avon, England.  Sheet Metal CAD/CAM Solutions
mailto:marko@uk.radan.com    http://www.radan.com