Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 16:28:35 -0400
From:      parv <parv_@yahoo.com>
To:        Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: anything to create contact/business cards?

so, Mike Meyer shared this in my lifetime...
> parv <parv_@yahoo.com> types:
> > couldn't find anything relevant in /usr/ports... does anybody know of
> > some software to create business/contact cards ... ok, or may be for
> > linux (intended to be run in emulation)?
>
> Either ghostscript or a good word processor will do the trick. If
> you're using perfed cardstock, any word processor that can handle
> tables should work. I ran off a couple of sheets of those earlier this
> week with Applix Words, and of course you can just write the
> postscript to generate the output you want and feed it to ghostscript,
> or your printer if you've got a postscript printer. One function to
> print a card, then a loop to cause it to be printed at each position
> on the sheet.
>
> If you're going through a print shop, ask them what formats they will
> accept. The ones I've dealt with liked pdf. ps2pdf is part of the
> ghostscript port, and should work fine on either of the two forms I
> talked about for perfed cardstock, as I've as yet to see a WP that
> wouldn't generate postscript to a file.
>
> 	<mike

by "perfed", do you mean "perforated"?

thanks mike. i wasn't thinking of using tables but some sort of a
template before your reply. i found it in wordperfect.

any pointers on how to "fix" the generated ps file to use truetype
fonts (from microsoft)? i am a complete beginner in ps/pdf language,
but last time i opened a ps specification/file, it looked not too
intimidating.

i have a ps2 printer, lexmark optra e310, and will be using those
"avery business card" labels.

- parv

--
 so, do you like word games or scrabble?