Date:      22 Jun 1998 12:05:13 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM & SANE...

"Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com> writes:

> > What is still needed before the CAM stuff can become part of the main
> > body of code?  At least w.r.t. -current?
>
> 	We don't yet have:
> 	- SANE

I have been planning on purchasing a scanner... I can take a pot shot
at this one.

Not sure how much time I can put in on it though, so if someone with
lots of free time :-) wants to pick it up, I won't be offended.  I
have looked at the source briefly, and it looks like this might
already have been done for DEC's unix?

So, this brings me to a question:

I am intersted in purchasing a 600 dpi, 30+ bit SCSI scanner.  There
are several on the market.  Any clues as to which vendors have been
most helpful / willing to provide (SCSI-level) support /
documentation?

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;