Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:46:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      Vincent Rivellino <vrivelli@cslab.vt.edu>
To:        <hubs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mirroring software

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, jason andrade wrote:

> a few people have mentioned omi to me.
>
> if you're willing to mirror from a second or third tier mirror, i definitely
> prefer to use rsync.
>
> -jason

Actually we're mirroring straight from ftp.freebsd.org (aka
freesoftware.com) because our server was (and will be again)
ftp3.freebsd.org.  It will be a full mirror once we finished re-syncing.

We went ahead and used spegla because it's not dependent on perl (or any
other scripting language), as we did a very barebones install on our
server.

However, thanks for the input.  It was much appreciated.

Regards,
Vince

PS: Though I do wish there was an official rsync server.

Vincent Rivellino
UNIX Systems Engineer
Department of Computer Science
Virginia Tech