Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2013 03:35:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Velcro Leaf <velcroleaf@rocketmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-fs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>
Subject:   filesystems don't properly dismount

Somewhere between 9.0-RELEASE and 9.1-RELEASE, something changed that =0Ama=
kes it so filesystems on two of my servers with similar hardware don't clea=
nly shut down during soft reboots.=0A=0AI only saw a couple =0Aexamples of =
successful rebooting on 9.0 while transitioning from an =0Aearlier version =
to 9.1, but filesystems consistently complain during =0Aboot-up that they w=
ere not dismounted properly during every reboot in =0A9.1.=0A=0ABased on th=
e release notes, it seems like it might have =0Asomething to do with the ne=
w style of NFS.=A0 Is the old style still =0Alatent in 9.1?=A0 For example,=
 can you recompile the kernel with different=0A options to make the old sty=
le of NFS the default?=A0 Am I barking up the =0Awrong tree?=A0 Any suggest=
ions?=0A=0AThese are on mirrored RAID drives.=A0=0A If you need other hardw=
are details, please explain specifically how to =0Acollect the information.=
=A0 I'm no hardware expert.=A0 Thanks!=0A