Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2001 02:31:29 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramidi@otenet.gr>
To:        Joel Dinel <dinjo@touchtunes.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail domain re-writting

On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 09:12:53AM -0400, Joel Dinel wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> On freebsd-questions, you gave the following advice on masquerading with
> sendmail :
>
>         dnl What we masquerade as.
>         MASQUERADE_AS(`hell.gr')
>         dnl Make sure that *.hell.gr gets masq'd.
>         FEATURE(masquerade_entire_domain)
>         dnl Rewrite envelope addresses too.
>         FEATURE(masquerade_envelope)
>
> This is excactly what I need to do. What 'master config' file do I need
> to add this to, and how do I regenerate my sendmail.cf from that file?
> I'm running an unmodified sendmail on 4.3 -RELEASE.

In my 4.STABLE freebsd installation I have in the sources tree the following
files:

	% ls /usr/src/etc/sendmail
	Makefile        freebsd.mc      freefall.mc      local.mc

The local.mc file is the master config that I created by copying and editing
the default freebsd.mc file.  You can copy your freebsd.mc to some local.mc
file and edit that file.  Then, in /usr/src/etc/sendmail run:

	# make local.cf

and copy local.cf to your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf

Restart sendmail, and you're set to go.

--giorgos