Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 20:47:41 -0800
From:      Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
To:        Jeff Roberson <jroberson@chesapeake.net>
Cc:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New scheduler

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 09:13:53PM -0500, Jeff Roberson wrote:

> Ah, the interactivity has regressed.  Can you try something like this:
>
> /*
>  * This macro determines whether or not the kse belongs on the current or
>  * next run queue.
>  */
> #define SCHED_CURR(kg)  ((kg)->kg_slptime > (hz / 4) || \
>     (kg)->kg_pri_class != PRI_TIMESHARE)
>
> change the (hz / 4) to (hz / 10)
>
> Let me know how that goes?  I'm not going to be able to work on this for a
> bit.  I just had some minor surgery and the painkillers are making it hard
> to think clearly.

It did not help.  The load averages reported be top(1)
with the above change in palce are 7.86, 9.01, 8.72.

I left the machine running for 45 minute and lost about
6 minutes on the system clock.  Time is sync'd with ntp.
When I came back to the machine there was no keyboard or
mouse response.  The reset button was the only recourse.

--
Steve