Date:      Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:27:16 -0500
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        Alex Keda <admin@lissyara.su>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: propose: all arch move into a separate dir

Alex Keda writes:

>  Let's wait another 10 years, and, coming at last to understand
>  that this must be done, and do it was 20 times harder.

	First, all architectures are not equal in FreeBSD's eyes.  Look
for "Tier 1 architectures" in the docs and mailing lists.
	Second, if you want this badly enough ... then convince us.
Build a system; do the work; _document it_ (what you did, how long
it took, how many files were involved, etc.); and show us why your
way is worth it.  There are others who want this; maybe you can get
them to help.  If it really is worth the effort, I have faith it'll
get done.

					Robert Huff