Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2005 19:35:51 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   xterm stops output

FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE/alpha, xterm-201.

Lately I suffer from the problem that xterm very sporadically appears
to stop output, possibly until a key is pressed.  This is not readily
reproducible and overall very rare.  It seems to happen comparatively
often in trn.  Half a screen is painted and then output just stops.
I need to hit a key, usually ^R for repainting, to get a proper
display.  It has also happened for non-curses cases, such as the
output of ifconfig.  Never in vi.

I have not payed too much attention yet, since it occurs only
sporadically, I'm usually eager to continue with what I was doing,
and it took me a while to realize that there really is an issue.
In fact, I'm still not certain there is.

If my memory serves correctly, this has started since I upgraded
from xterm-200 to xterm-201.

Is anybody else seeing unusual behavior from xterm?