Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2010 22:08:09 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Martin McCormick <martin@dc.cis.okstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind9.7.1 Package

--------------enigDBA64CCC8ACBFFBF0AB3537E

On 10/08/2010 21:05:35, Martin McCormick wrote:
> I get a message about=20
> pkg-config-0.23_1
>=20
> and can not seem to find anything to save from the port that
> contains that string or any part there of.
>=20
> 	There is obviously some other little file I need to save
> from somewhere, but I am not sure what to look for.

pkg-config was probably already installed on your build machine before
you did 'make package-recursive' and since the ports won't reinstall
exactly the same thing again, that would have prevented it being
packaged.  The fact that you have to (re)install a port before you can
make a package from it is considered a fairly big flaw, and there are
proposals under consideration to modify that behaviour -- OpenBSD's
ports system is frequently cited as an example of how such things should
work.

The solution is probably to create a package directly from what's
already installed:

   # pkg_create -b pkg-config-0.23_1

pkg-config is an indirect dependency for bind -- it's required by
security/openssl and textproc/libxml2 either of which bind are optional
dependencies for dns/bind97.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20