Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 10:53:55 -0600
From:      William McVey <wam@sa.fedex.com>
To:        glbj@bellatlantic.net
Cc:        FreeBSD-ISDN@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sheesh - now what...

glbj@impop.bellatlantic.net wrote:
>I'm a complete newbie dealing with i4b. I'd like to use it with user
>ppp but I don't know how to go about it. I've got it compiled into
>the kernel with no trouble, I just have no clue as to how to use it.
>I've read the included files and had little trouble getting the conf
>file set up. (At least I'm pretty sure). I just don't know where to
>go from here.
>
>Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I was informed that the isdn4bsd package currently only supports
the European high level line protocols.  With this being the case,
is there anything I can do to assist in getting this package working
the US?  Unfortunatly, I have no detailed knowledge of ISDN protocols
(either US), but if documentation, login access to my home machine
(which has an inactive USR Sportster ISDN-TA connected to a US NT1
switch), or something else would be of use to the project, please
let me know.

 -- William

P.S.  The reply that said i4b doesn't work in the US is at:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=16778+18675+/usr/local/www/db/text/1998/freebsd-isdn/19981018.freebsd-isdn)