Date:      Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:49:56 -0400
From:      Sahil Tandon <sahil@hamla.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        kstewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Subject:   Re: portsdb -Uu results in coredump

kstewart wrote:

> There is a bug in ruby that shows up as a bus error. Follow the topic on
> -ports@. There are several ways to alter the INDEX[-5] so that it occurs less
> frequently.

Occurs less frequently?  That's not what I'm looking for.  Is there a
*fix* for the root cause?

> I started using portindexdb because it doesn't error off. I also don't use
> categories, which it doesn't produce.

I'm using portsindexsb as a work around, but it still doesn't address or
solve the problem which makes portsdb -Uu fail.  I've tried removing and
re-extracting the ports tree and doing whatever else was suggested in
the -ports@ mailing list(s) - to no avail.