Date:      Thu, 29 Jun 2000 18:23:07 -0400
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bug: "device ether" no longer optional

At 1:10 PM -0700 6/29/00, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, Archie Cobbs wrote:
>
> > Luckily I happened to have seen -current in the past couple of days.
> > Trying to search -current on the web site for the appropriate keywords
> > yeilded only articles from the years 1997 through 1999, nothing in
> > 2000, and there is no way to sort by date anyway.
>
>docs.freebsd.org and browse the archives directly.

Also, note that the problem is what the web site is REPORTING for the
dates on messages, and not that the messages themselves are missing.
I recently filed PR Docs/19507 on this.  It wouldn't surprise me if
someone else has filed a PR on it.

The problem is that most articles which REALLY have a date in 2000
are REPORTED as having the same date as the most recent article in
the search list which is not in year 2000.  If you click on one of
the articles, the article itself is fine.  It's just the listing
for it which is coming up wrong.

(see the example given in
)

---