Date:      Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:25:21 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <freebsd@damnhippie.dyndns.org>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reducing the need to compile a custom kernel

On Fri, 2012-02-10 at 15:10 -0800, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> * Addition: device ichwd
>   - Note: We do not use features of this driver given known problems
>     with the watchdog firing during ddb> and similar environments.  I
>     have no idea if this has been fixed, but I do remember it being
>     confirmed as a problem.

It used to be that "watchdog 0" in ddb disabled the watchdog, then when
we upgraded to 8.2 that stopped working.  One day I discovered (via
typo) that now just "watchdog" without a numeric parm disables it.  I'm
not positive that applies to the ichwd but it works that way for the
hardware watchdog on our arm platforms.

-- Ian