Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 18:37:57 +0200
From:      "IBS / Andre Oppermann" <andre@pipeline.ch>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG, matt@3am-software.com
Subject:   Re: patches for fast forwarding (with kernel option & sysctl)

David Greenman wrote:

> >Here are new patches to use NetBSD's IPFLOW stuff on -current. To
>
>    Thanks! I just committed them after making a few minor changes myself.
-snip-

David

Is there any chance for the LC-tree stuff from http://www.cs.hut.fi/
~sni/papers/router/router.html to be inlcuded into the routing table
code of FreeBSD.

I'm currently reading my way through TCP/IP Illustrated Vol.2 and
Algorithms in C so I'm currently not able to do it by myself.

I'm thinking about using the new Zebra BGP daemon together with
FreeBSD for some of my core routers that have the complete routing
tables (~20Meg on a cisco). I know it's possible even with Gated but
the kernel would not be happy with such a big routing table.

--
Andre Oppermann

CEO / Geschaeftsfuehrer
Internet Business Solutions Ltd. (AG)
Hardstrasse 235, 8005 Zurich, Switzerland
Fon +41 1 277 75 75 / Fax +41 1 277 75 77
http://www.pipeline.ch    ibs@pipeline.ch