Date:      Tue, 9 Nov 2004 20:19:13 +0000
From:      Nuno Teixeira <nu@nunotex.freeshell.org>
To:        "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy@veldy.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 5.3-R: /etc/ntp.conf doesn't exist

On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:38:30PM -0600, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
> Nuno Teixeira wrote:
>
> >Hello to all,
> >
> >I've noticed that /etc/ntp.conf doesn't exist. It's strange because
> >exists an empty /etc/ntp directory instead.
> >
> >I've searched current mailing lists and someone already found this
> >bug(?).
> >
> >Thanks,
> >
> >	Nuno Teixeira
> >

> Normally, you have to create this file yourself ... that is the way it
> has always been.
>
> --
> Thomas T. Veldhouse
> Key Fingerprint: 07C7 BF05 4176 F50B A083  4542 0118 1315 761F D300
> Spammers please contact me at renegade@veldy.net.

Hi,

Ooops! Yes I you're right! I use a lot ntpd on a Macintosh SE/30 running
NetBSD and I've made confusion with it.

NetBSD has a very good and complete ntp.conf file and to run it we
just run `ntpd` or configure it "ntpd=YES in rc.conf.

Why FreeBSD doesn't have a feature like that? It happens with a lot
contributed programs but not with ntpd? Maybe just a sample ntp.conf...

Yours,

	Nuno Teixeira