Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 15:41:11 -0700
From:      "Amancio Hasty Jr." <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   slocal and duplicate messages 8)

Hi,

mh's slocal has an option to delete duplicate messages . The option
is MSGID .

This a what part of  my mh configuration file looks like:

# FreeBSD specific options (for FreeBSD-1.x, remove BSD44)
options BSD42 BSD43 BSD44 WAITINT UNISTD VSPRINTF MORE='"/usr/bin/more"'
options NORUSERPASS DBMPWD POSIX NTOHLSWAP SYS5DIR OVERHEAD MSGID FCNTL
options BIND MIME SENDMTS SMTP WHATNOW ZONEINFO
options GCOS_HACK RENAME LOCALE MSGID

Basically, is the same as the mh ports except that I added MSGID.

Now on my home directory, I did:

touch .maildelivery.db

This enables the caching of duplicate mail messages

For further info just take a look at mh's slocal.c

	Enjoy,
	Amancio