Date:      Mon, 2 Jul 2001 21:37:21 +0100
From:      "chen c.y." <c.y.chen@bham.ac.uk>
To:        'FreeBSD Customer Relations' <FreeBSDCustomerRelations@windriver.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'denise@osd.bsdi.com'" <denise@osd.bsdi.com>
Subject:   Experience of buying FreeBSD CDs from Wind River

Hi,

I just want to share some experience of buying freeBSD from "Wind River".

Last month, I purchased a set of freeBSD CD from them, and encounter some
installation problems due to the un-bootable CD. As we know, the first CD
should be bootable and lead the users through the installation once the PC
is able to be booted from CD-ROM. However, the version they provided to me
is not able to do that. I needed to make some boot floppy diskes and did the
installation. Yes, it was successful. However, it was not what the
advertisement said!! I did complain to them and wait for 11 days so far.
However,they did not reply in term of this.

For some new users, the bootable CD is very important and convenient for
them.

Sorry to take your time.

Regards,
Curtis

P.S the following are the e-mails I sent to them.
---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

Dear Valentino

Thank for the response! After another trial, the installation was successful
after using bootable "floppies". However, it was not the purpose for us to
purchase the disks. We expected to have a bootable "CD", and it was printed
on the Disk 1. Somehow, we are not very satisfied, because the service we
obtain from you is not what we ordered.

Dear Denise

Don't you think the company should provide the right service which was
advertised?

Regards,
Curtis