Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 22:42:36 -0700
From:      Chip <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "seafug@dub.net" <seafug@dub.net>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   natd does port forwarding?

I am wanting to redirect requests to my web site on a public
isp to my newly set up apache web server at home (using this -
url=http://208.194.173.26">; which does work fine).
I have natd enabled and natd interface specified in the rc.conf,
and divert sockets compiled into the kernel. It appears that natd
will
redirect incoming http requests to my web server with my
natd.conf written like this-

use_sockets yes
same_ports yes
interface ep1
redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.7 80 80

Or so it should, I guess. In the services file I have
natd    8668/divert
but I have seen it written up as
natd    6668/divert
in some sources, which is correct?

Also, when I enter natd at the command line I get the
following message -
natd: aliasing address not given
I am not sure if I need to add another line to the natd.conf
because when I did it still did not work (I tried the
alias_address line). I also tried
redirect_port tcp 192.168.0.7 80 208.194.173.26 80
which also did not work.

I have Gregs book but I don't see any info about port
forwarding in it.

I would like to move my web site from the isp to my apache
server, thereby cutting down the space I am paying for
to a minimum, and maybe use them just for email and dns.
--
Chip W.
www.wiegand.org