Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2003 21:26:31 -0600
From:      Michael Ekstrand <engeditech@evertek.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ACPI debugging?

Hello, all!

I just made the jump this week up to FreeBSD 5-CURRENT on my laptop
(fresh install), and aside from a few core dumps here and there
(particularly ijsgimpprint - any ideas?), it seems to work pretty good.

Except for ACPI.  I tried running with ACPI enabled early on, and had
some problems.  It was complaining about undefined handlers or something
like that (don't recall the exact message - I've had ACPI disabled for
two or three days so I can get stuff done).  Also, it was starting to
page fault somewhere in the acpi code, causing a spontaneous reboot.
I've got a Gateway 450L laptop; maybe it hasn't been tested a whole lot?
What can I do to try to collect information that may be useful to the
ACPI developers to get that feature working on my machine?

Thanks,
Michael