Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:38:08 -0900
From:      "Robert Norgard" <rnorgard@avianc.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Boot -c visual

I recently loaded 3.4 after a hard drive crash.  Previously used 3.1.  I got
quite familiar with 3.1 and it worked fine for a year.  Now, with 3.4, when
you do a boot -c then "visual" to configure your (say) network card.  My ed0
device is setup at 0x300, IRQ 10.  However, the configuration defaults to
0x280, IRQ10.

I make all the changes and save them, but it's only good for that boot
session.  I was under the impression that when you saved these settings,
they would be used again.  After much frustration, I just re-compiled the
kernel so that the default ed0 setting is 0x300, IRQ 10.  Almost seems like
using a car crusher to flatten a pop can.

Is there a new boot process?  Where are the results of my saving the
configuration in "visual" mode?  And then, where do I now put them?

Thanks!

Bob Norgard,
Anchorage