Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2000 20:02:38 -0600
From:      "Dave Page" <davecpage@earthlink.net>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   standard (??) CD rom settings

I have a relatively new IDE cd rom, which sits alone (as
master) on the secondary IDE controller.  I do not have this
device configured in my kernel.

Of the three CD options in the setup, which is this most
likely to be?  I'm assuming NOT the Sony, as that's
proprietary.  (At least at one point it was...)

Also, is it safe to assume IRQ 14?  How about I/O settings?
I *have* checked the manufacturer's web site, and was unable
to find any of this info.  (I'd offer the name of the drive
maker, but I didn't write it down, and I can't motivate
myself to crack open the case tonight.  If it would help,
let me know...)

Thanks all!!

Dave

davecpage@earthlink.net