Date:      Sun, 16 Jan 2011 11:02:36 -1000
From:      Al Plant <noc@hdk5.net>
To:        User Wojtek <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo G550

User Wojtek wrote:
> anyone knows how to:
>
> - make it's touchpad usable? without any special software and used as
> mouse emulator it is very bad. The problem is that it quite often
> produces false clicks when you type on keyboard. Tried
> xf86-input-synaptics but it doesn't recognize the device (protocol psm,
> device psm0, turned off moused to aboid conflicts)

Aloha Woj,

I had the same problem with a touchpad on a HP Mini netbook.

There was a switch on the top of the touchpad that you can turn off and
use a wireless mouse with no issues. (The touch pad is not good to use
as it is made to perform click when touched as well as move the
mouse.)(really dumb idea IMHO)