Date:      Mon, 11 Dec 2000 22:32:39 -0600
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@grumpy.dyndns.org>
To:        "Mike Gruver" <mgruver@carolina.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to use simple firewall with DHCP?

"Mike Gruver" writes:

> ------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C063BF.D79148A0
>
> I have a dual-homed host with non-routables on the inside domain =
> (192.168.0.x) and DHCP on the outside with the ISP.  The question is:  =
> the example rc.firewall file explains to setup your interface, ip and =
> subnet for both the external and internal interfaces.  Sounds great, =
> except I am using DHCP on the external.  Does anyone know how to specify =
> this in the rc.firewall file for the onet, omask, and oip identifiers?
>
> Any help is appreciated.

For starters most of us don't like HTML formatted messages and delete
them unread.

I have been meaning to work on using dhclient's hooks to update my
firewall these past several months but haven't gotten around to it
simply because my DHCP IP address hasn't changed. Meanwhile I've
hardcoded the numbers into my /etc/rc.firewall.

David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net