Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:09:47 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
Subject:   how do i fix this undef'd reference? trying to build audacity on tao

Folks,

I'm missing *something* in the shared memory arena, because trying to build
audacity fails on my desktop as follows:

 -lsndfile -lFLAC++ -lFLAC -lid3tag -lexpat -L/usr/local/lib -ltwolame
 -L/usr/local/lib -ltag   -pthread -L/usr/local/lib -ljack       -lm
 -lpthread
 /usr/local/lib/libjack.so: undefined reference to `shmctl@FBSD_1.1'
 gmake[1]: *** [../audacity] Error 1
 gmake[1]: Leaving directory
 `/usr/ports/audio/audacity-devel/work/audacity-src-1.3.10/src'
 gmake: *** [audacity] Error 2
 *** Error code 1

I am trying to build audacity to tune an audio file.  Given that I know
almost nothing about audio, i figued audacity might serve better than sox.

tia,

gary

PS:  I ran into much the same undefined reference to 'shmctl' on ethic
while doing a portupgrade.  Might here on both platforms.

--
 Gary Kline  kline@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix