Date:      Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:09:38 -0500
From:      John Capo <jc@irbs.com>
To:        Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org>
Cc:        jc@irbs.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD performing worse than Linux?

The behavior is different in a telnet session as is executing
ssh server 'find / -print | dd obs=1'.  Telnet pauses but not
as long, the ssh command saturates my fractional T.

What I am seeing may not be related to the issues Greg brought up
at all.  But it does seem odd to me that a window of data is queued
on the server, the server has recevied the ack for the last byte
it sent, but the server does not start sending until the client
acks the same byte again with a data bearing segment.  Don't know
what the data bearing segment contains, ssh stuff maybe.

Quoting Pierre Beyssac (pb@fasterix.freenix.org):