Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:51:49 -0500
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Jose M Rodriguez <josemi@freebsd.jazztel.es>
Cc:        re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: use of firefox as 5.4 default web browser

--=-pzK32c/B1YZHBCUJVzvL

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 10:41 +0100, Jose M Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I'm very glad of firefox use over FreeBSD, and think that, after=20
> firefox-1.0.1 and merge of urihelper patches from mozilla, is a good=20
> candidate for a 'FreeBSD default graphics web browser'.
>=20
> So, I open this trying to get epiphany moved from gnome2-lite to gnome2,=20
> and firefox, al last, in FreeBSD-5.4 disc1.  I'll be also glad to get=20
> some note on release notes about that.

Firefox will never be made part of the GNOME desktop unless Epiphany
starts to use Firefox as its default Gecko browser (or GNOME chooses to
make Firefox its default browser).

However, since the separation of disc1-gnome and disc1-kde, it may be
possible to get Firefox added as an additional browser choice.

Joe