Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 10:26:18 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@yogotech.com>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad fix + MFC of Ian's eject improvements.

> OK.  It turns out that you can't mess with the interrupt routing bits
> of register 0x92 for thinkpads and have them work.  This, despite the
> fact that the PIR table says that the chip should be connected
> directly to the interrupts....
>
> So this patch does two things.  First, it doesn't set the INTRTIE bit,
> which should help some of the laptops that don't route things to the
> same interrupt.  Second, it doesn't touch bits 1 and 2 of register
> 0x92 which direct how interrupts are routed.  This didn't break my
> dell and made the thinkpad work again.
>
> Someone else reported this fix for their machine as well, but I don't
> know if it was a thinkpad or not.
>
> Please test them and let me know what you have to say.
>
> 	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/pcic-44rc1.diff.1

Warner.

*YOU 'DA MAN!!!!!*

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!

With this patch in place (I had to revert the pcibios patch to get a
clean apply), and after merging the pccardd patch from -current, I know
have a completely working ThinkPad.

Hot-swap, both slots, etc.. all work.  The only annoying thing that
happens know is I get alot of these kinds of error messages, which I
didn't get in 2.2.8.

       Code 128 not found
       Code 128 not found
       code Unknown ignored
       Code 131 not found
       Code 131 not found
       code Unknown ignored

However, I can live with it *easily*, since everything else works better
than in 2.2.

I now in your debt, and owe you at least a beverage of your choice when
we meet.

Thanks again!!!

Nate

ps. That patch would be a great addition to FreeBSD 4.4 :) :) :)