Date:      Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:23:46 +0800
From:      Chen Lihong <lihong.chen@gmail.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gnome2-2.9.91 and scim

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 21:03 -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
>On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 09:58 +0800, Chen Lihong wrote:
>> I just upgraded to gnome 2.9.91 see
>> http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/docs/develfaq.html
>> But all gnome applications lost the input methods, in gnome 2.8
>> I can use scim to input non english characters. Not only scim
>> but also all built-in input method gone.
>> My locale is en_US.UTF-8. Now only the stardict can see the GTK2's
>> input methods.
>
>Please provide more details.  What revision of the gnome_upgrade29.sh
>script did you use to upgrade from 2.8 to 2.9?  What exactly are you
>doing?  What are the exact results you are getting?  What are the exact
>results you expect?  What version of FreeBSD?
>
>Joe

My FreeBSD version is 6-CURRENT (kern.osreldate: 600014).
The gnome2 was upgraded from 2.8 to 2.9.
When in gnome 2.8, I use scim to input Chinese and Unicode symbol
characters. Press mouse right button on any GTK application's text area,
it will show a menu. The menu has [Input Methods >], move cursor to
there, it will show a sub-menu that has input methods like: [Default],
[Amharic (EZ+)]... [SCIM Input Method]...[X Input Method].

But in gnome 2.9, Only [Default] input method shown in all GTK
application except stardict (A gtk2 dictionary application).
So I think GTK2's input methods is fine, because stardict can use it.
The strange things is the stardict is the only application that can use
GTK2's input methods. All other applications can not use (Not only gnome
apps. but also gtk2 apps like gftp ...).

/Lihong