Date:      Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:38:46 +1100
From:      Harry Woodward-Clarke <Harry.Woodward-Clarke@S1.com>
To:        "david e. banning" <tracker@worldy.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: printing from X on an HP inkjet printer

G'day David,

> I am using kde for my X environment.  Is there a way to print
> from Netscape or other X-related applications to an
> HP inkjet printer (500-600 series)

Need more details. Like, is the printer usable from the shell? Have you
read the section(s) in the Complete FreeBSD and/or The FreeBSD Handbook?

I have a HPDJ400 and have it talking successfully with FreeBSD 3.3 - so
it can be done ;') One interesting tip was the control sequence in (I
think) The Complete FreeBSD to switch a HP LaserJet to accept <LF> only
rather than <CR><LF>. Guess what? The DJ400 accepts and understands this
sequence too! I recall vaguely that many of the newer HP DJ's actually
understand PCL, but I'm not sure which level, so they may even emulate a
HP-LJII or III.

hth,

Haxxa