Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:34:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        behanna@mail.yourfit.com
Subject:   Re: SCSI errors: Invalidating pack

In article <Pine.WNT.4.21.0007252352340.139-100000@armani.yourfit.com>,
Chris BeHanna  <behanna@mail.yourfit.com> wrote:

>     Since you mentioned anoncvs, I wanted to report that I've had
> ZERO success at accessing anoncvs (it would be handy to do to pull
> down a handful of files if you wanted to fall back to a specific
> revision after running into a problem following a cvsup, for example).

It may simply be due to the fact that the machine was down for a
period of 12 days recently.  It is up again and seems to be working
fine as far as I can tell.

> I also noticed that although there are directions for using anoncvs
> in the documentation that gets locally installed from the 4.0-RELEASE
> CD, that information is missing from the online handbook.

Thanks for reporting that.  It was caused by an obsolete redirect in
the web server's config file.  It is fixed now.

>     Following the directions that came with 4.0-RELEASE, I always
> get a "connection refused" message when I attempt a cvs login.  Is
> that intended?

It sure doesn't sound very useful. :-)

Are you sure it's resolving to the right IP address for you
(209.181.243.20)?

I don't remember what the directions said in 4.0.  Try the ones on the
web site again, and write to me directly if you still can't get it to
work.

John