Date:      Tue, 27 May 2008 09:22:01 +0200
From:      Reinhard Haller <reinhard.haller@interactive-net.de>
To:        freebsd-pf@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NAT problem with pppoe

Hi David,

David DeSimone schrieb:

> Reinhard Haller <reinhard.haller@interactive-net.de> wrote:
>
>> Sending HUP to ppp does'nt eliminate the problem, pfctl -d/-e and a
>> restart of the internal server solve it.
>>

> I suggest that your ppp "if_down" script make use of the "pfctl -k"
> command to kill state entries that have to do with the IP that is being
> removed.

16:45 linkdown: pfctl -k 88.217.34.98
16:45 linkup: myaddr=82.135.87.233
16:48 dns-request with 88.217.34.98 as source address to 212.18.0.5

our DNS queries from internal servers are still sent with the old
dynamic address as source address
where a local dig on the pf-box uses the new dynamic address.

Any suggestions where to search?

Thanks
Reinhard