Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 21:38:20 -0400
From:      jmauney@nr.infi.net (Jim Mauney)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Does FreeBSD 2.1R + IBM V/P - Keyboard = Windows NT?

Hello,

FreeBSD 2.1R (using InfoMagic cd) installation on IBM VP
disables the keyboard - yes,
kills it completely!  My custom kernel has the entry from
LINT for the PS/2 mouse with "conflicts" designated.  Boot
finds both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse just fine:
	sc0 at 0x60-0x6f irq 1 on motherboard
	sc0: VGA color <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x0>
	psm0 at 0x60-0x63 irq 12 on motherboard

During boot, the NumLock key toggles the LCD a few times
 but stops working prior to loading the console driver.  After
boot, no keyboard key is active.  Telnet sessions from other
machines work fine and login messages get displayed on
the telnet server console - the IBM V/P.  Strange!

My questions is "How anyone solved this problem"?  Thanks
for any assistance.  As info, the VP is an ISA machine with a
486DX66 cpu.  This one has 16MB and two WD 540 drives;
first drive has DOS/WIN3.1 and Linux partitions; second
drive has DOS/WIN3.1 and FreeBSD partitions; using lilo as
the boot manager.  Also has Panasonic 2X CD-ROM.  Runs
Linux and DOS/WIN3.1.

I have tried to get this running for a couple of weeks.  After this
week, the FreeBSD space goes to Windows NT if a this
problem persists.

Jim
jmauney@nr.infi.net (Jim Mauney)