Date:      Mon, 08 Mar 1999 21:07:47 -0800
From:      "J. Medearis" <jmedearis@msfreezone.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NT Secondary DNS - rpc server unavailable

I have a 2.2.8 server setup as our primary internal DNS machine.  For a
secondary server, I have an NT 4.0 machine.  After doing the initial zone
transfer, I have not been able to get the NT server to connect with the
FreeBSD server.  When I open up the Domain Administration utility on the NT
server, and double-click on the address of the FreeBSD box, the error "rpc
server (or services) unavailable".  If I leave the screen as is, the
message disappears and the status indicates connecting but never does.
Each server can at least see the other via ping.

In looking around the net today, I found very little that seemed to be
relevant AND recent.  Most seemed to indicate a problem on the NT side, or
dealt with people moving their DNS to NT.  But I thought I would check here
to see if there is something I need to do on the FreeBSD server.

- J.