Date:      Sun, 09 Apr 2023 19:35:29 +0000
From:      Lorenzo Salvadore <developer@lorenzosalvadore.it>
To:        Rodrigo Osorio <ros@bebik.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Defining license for a NetBSD program

------- Original Message -------
On Sunday, April 9th, 2023 at 9:25 PM, Rodrigo Osorio <ros@bebik.net> wrote=
:

> Looks like a clause 2 licence
>=20
> https://opensource.org/license/bsd-2-clause/

I agree, but since
"[t]his product also contains software developed by other people, and you
are advised to read the various source files to read the full details
of the other licenses", I think you should also add more license as well us=
ing
LICENSE_COMB:
https://docs.freebsd.org/en/books/porters-handbook/makefiles/#licenses-lice=
nse_comb

And maybe also add one more custom license file to include the acknowledgem=
ents
required by those additional licenses (or include them in some other way).

Cheers,

Lorenzo Salvadore

> On 09/04/23 20:29, Nuno Teixeira wrote:
>=20
> > Hello to all,
> >=20
> > I'd like to define a license for ftp/tnftp from NetBSD and not sure if =
BSDnCLAUSE applies here.
> >=20
> > Any help is welcome.
> >=20
> > COPYRIGHT (from README):
> > ---------
> > tnftp is covered by a BSD-style copyright notice.
> > Please refer to the file `COPYING' for more information.
> >=20
> > COPYING:
> >=20
> > Copyright (c) 2001-2023 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
> > All rights reserved.
> >=20
> > This code is derived from software contributed to The NetBSD Foundation
> > by Simon Burge, Luke Mewburn, and Christos Zoulas.
> >=20
> > Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
> > modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
> > are met:
> > 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
> > notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
> > 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
> > notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
> > documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
> >=20
> > THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTO=
RS
> > ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIM=
ITED
> > TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICU=
LAR
> > PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTOR=
> > BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
> > CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
> > SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINES=
> > INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
> > CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
> > ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF =
THE

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?cyKMf_6Wk8cL0K1bdZwRwX-L8nmfpNKfrWwWPTl1nDUZEwEBajZsjU-Gx8Ra4Piu-8wmfjn3eisucnsr0IgqHvJ7sFrb5sURcUSIDTkWxa8=>