Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 97 13:09:47 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, Snob Art Genre  <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Janusz Stal  <eistal@cyf-kr.edu.pl>
Subject:   Re: How to delete user ?

There is a great removeuser script that some one put together and forwarded to
me that works really well.  If anyone needs it I can put it up (I need to look
in it to see who the author is)  But I have been using it on my main server
for a while and love it.

-Sean
--- On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:52:31 -0600  dkelly@hiwaay.net wrote:
> Snob Art Genre writes:
> >
> > There are scripts around that can do it, but you should know anyway:
> >
> > 1) Use vipw to delete their entry in the passwd file.
> > 2) Use your editor of choice to remove their group from /etc/group.
> > 3) rm -r /usr/home/whatever
> > 4) rm /var/mail/whatever
>
> Don't forget to look for cron and at jobs.
>
> --
> David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net
> The human mind ordinarily operates at only ten percent of its
> capacity -- the rest is overhead for the operating system.

Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 02/26/97 13:09:47