Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 13:36:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>
To:        jbryant@tfs.net
Cc:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Join Cauce.. Re: Get more visitors!

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Jim Bryant wrote:
> actually congress compounded the problem by not legislating against
> junk email when the bill was before them this year, but then what do
> you expect out of conservatives...
>
> it's sitting there acting like sheep that compounds the problem...
> the "oh i'll just ignore it until it goes away" attitude just doesn't
> work.  it didn't work with hitler, it didn't work with our
> conservative congress either.
>
> the only way to remove junk email from the net, until legislation
> making such illegal is in place, it to simply fight fire with fire,
> even if it logjams the entire freaking internet.
>
> don't write to me, write to your freaking congressman.

Or join the Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email.  They are a
legit professional organization which is lobbying and contacting
congressmen everywhere to get the changes signed.  I strongly suggest
signing up with them:

      www.cauce.org

-Brandon Gillespie

(Sorry for the irrelevantness of this post, but this organization can
always use more support).