Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 10:41:52 -0700
From:      "Jeff Z. Chi" <zchi@hal.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD 3.0

hi,

I know FreeBSD 2.2 cannot handle EIDE drives greater than 500 MB.
As instructed in the book, we have to partition it into 2 boot
partitions, one for win and one for FreeBSD.  I am wonder if
the upcoming FreeBSD 3.0 still has that problem.  Frankly, it is
quite not friendly.  Even if I put 400 MB partition for Windows,
where c:\windows will be installed, it is too tight for it.  I am
having problem with that.  When I install some program, which will
create a TEMP directory in either c:\windows or c:\, it is often
enough to see "insufficient disk space".  That is why I am wondering
if that problem is resolved.  By the way, if you don't mind, why
doesn't linux have that problem?

Thanks,
--

    _        __  __      ____ _     _