Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 1996 18:42:20 +1000 (EST)
From:      Peter Hawkins <peter@clari.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   help with portmap

Hi,

I have never come across this system before (Ultrix/Dec Unix that's me :) )
so I am a bit puzzled. I want to nfs export a directory between two
FreeBSD boxes on an ethernet. I made the /etc/exports entry and
confirmed portmap is running prior to nfsiod (client) and both
nfsiod and nfsd (server). I get RPC: Program not registerred when
I use the mount command. I then type nfsd -r (though I can't see why I
need to as the portmap WAS running first) and things improve a little:
I get from (rpcinfo output...)

program vers proto   port
100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
100000    2   udp    111  portmapper

program vers proto   port
100000    2   tcp    111  portmapper
100000    2   udp    111  portmapper
100003    2   udp   2049  nfs

But I STILL get:
Cannot MNT RPC: RPC: Program not registered

Any clues?
Peter