Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:56:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Geoff Wells <geoff@ginsu.com>
To:        Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>
Cc:        Max Goof <max@underdog.maxie.com>, Robert Withrow <witr@rwwa.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

Hi,

The difference between 56k and 64k depends, generally, on how many C.O.s
you have to go through.  If the provider and the user are at the same
C.O. then you will generally get the 64k.  However, if the call needs to
be router to another C.O., it will probably have to go through a
channelized T1.  If this is the case the speed get chopped down to 56k.

Geoff.