Date:      Tue, 29 Dec 2009 19:50:21 -0500
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org Questions -" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Adding an alias to .cshrc

Hi all, happy holidays!

I want to add an alias to my .cshrc file:

alias srm   find . -name "*~" | xargs rm

...so that I have an easy way to remove the temp files left by svn.

After adding the alias, logging out and then back in, I get an error
stating:

acct-dev: ISP-RADIUS % srm
srm: Command not found.

I thought that perhaps the file wasn't being read upon login, so I
appended a new alias underneath:

alias srm   find . -name "*~" | xargs rm
alias sll   ls -lA

...which works fine when called after re-login.

I even went as far as to prefix the find/xargs command with full paths,
to no avail.

Is this a problem with the pipe in the alias directive? The command
works on the CLI, as I literally copy/pasted it into the .cshrc file.

Steve