Date:      Wed, 12 May 2010 14:17:14 +0200
From:      herbert langhans <herbert.raimund@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Opera 10.5 - bad looking fonts on printer

Hi Daemons,
if I print from Opera via CUPS (Samsung ML 1610 on fileserver, CUPS client from workstation) I get very ugly results. The proportions of the letters dont fit, sometimes letters overlapping. No matter what font comes from the website to print - Opera chooses always this bad font, the font spacing is terrible.

Other programs like Abiword, OpenOffice a.s.o. print well.

My question: Does anybody have such troubles with BSD-Opera 10.5 too? Is there any font-port I have to install to get decent results? Is this a bug in the Opera BSD-port?

All ideas welcome - I have no clue whats causing this problems..

Thanks!
herb langhans

--
******* Herbert Langhans, Warschau