Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 12:32:16 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mknetid

> I just axed the /usr/obj (on a suggestion by Jordan) and used make
> cleandir obj to build another obj.  It built it in a place I hadn't
> expected it, /usr/obj/usr/src/libexec/mknetid, and all I want to find out
> is if that's considered the correct address for future obj links.  Seems
> odd to put usr/src in there, but if it's right, I can deal with that.

That's correct since it isolates that instance of mkinetd from any others.
Say I go to my own directory and say:

	cvs co mkinetd
	make obj all install

If the rule was to put it directly in /usr/obj/usr.bin/mkinetd or
something, I'd end up spamming the /usr/src objects for what could
very well be an experimental build.  I believe that it's still
possible to have collisions if you really work at deliberatly fooling
the system but the default behavior is correct.

					Jordan