Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2001 17:49:33 -0600
From:      "Thierry Black" <thierryblack@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to hook up a firewall?

Thanks to you for answering my other questions before! this group is a great
help.

I have a small subnet of public addresses,
like 172.168.0.128/28  So, 128 is network,
129-142 are usable, and 143 is broadcast.

I want to put up firewall in between and have it route all traffic to and
from this network but I want an other machine (web server) on the same
segment as the firewall, but not behind the firewall. all other machines
should be behind firewall.

so something like this:

gateway 1 (isp manage)

firewall         web server

other machines behind firewall

all machines in diagram must use ip address from our subnet, but I can
change all addresses (including isp manage gateway) if subnet works better.
there are a few free ip addresses.

how would you guys set this up?